Thread: New DDP Export
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 03:26 AM   #48
Sergenious
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattRice View Post
I did some test with the DDP export and compared it with the same project that was rendered in WaveLab and CD Architect. Here's the results shown in Sonoris DDP Player. The pause times in all three was set at 2 seconds. Reaper is off 1 digit compared to the other two. Is this because Reaper doesn't have CD Frames?

Same results show with a Reaper Cue/Bin
The Red Book standard requires 2 seconds gap at the CD start. So the first track's (INDEX1) offset must be at least 00:02.00. Of course this offset can be much longer, and the audio before it is considered as hidden pre-track.

I don't insert 2 seconds of silence before the audio part, but I leave this to users, to have full flexibility about this hidden pretrack, even if it is only 2 seconds long. This allows the exported files to have completely the same time offsets as they are in Reaper.

A lot of other programs always insert a 2 sec silence. That's why there are differences and their values in DDP files are 2 seconds later than actual marker times in Reaper.
With my export, you must manually position the tracks so that the first track is at 00:02.00 offset. If you do that, there will be no differences. But if you don't do that, you will loose the first 2 seconds from the first track, as I move the INDEX1 marker and thus shorten the tracks by 2 seconds. This is clearly visible in the screenshots, where the first track is 2 second shorter in Reaper.

But, just to prevent further issues with this, I will also always insert this 2 second gap at the beginning, independently of the markers and audio position. This will allow you to position the audio tracks directly to the beginning, without worrying about 2 seconds silence.

My music (metal)
Sergenious is offline   Reply With Quote