View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 10:36 AM   #139
Psmeg
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul99 View Post
Okay, so this is quite different from what I am used to, coming from an analogue console mixer. I use the send level per track to control the amount of reverb, but you have all track sends at 0 and then mix the total level as some sort of parallel compressing, but then with reverb. I wil definitely gonna try this out.
Thanks again Paul!
You can fine tune the level of each track (whether you choose to just route the parents or all tracks or a combination of both) by opening up the routing for the reverb track and then adjust each slider independently.

This is one of those techniques that everyone has a different opinion on. Some like using my method, some will use a combination of this technique, but run multiple busses for reverb and route different groups through them to control various aspects of the reverb on each of those groups... etc....

Part of the joy of multiple methods to achieve the result you require.

It's still useful to see how you can route tracks through a separate buss and then apply an effect to the buss and mix back in to your track.