View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #109
imispgh
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie43 View Post
NOW you are speaking more accurately.
And I totally disagree with anyone's ability to absorb something as vast as what you imply in 2 years. I still dare you to ask Bob himself. As I said, he may be willing to offer an opinion, provided that you ask him in an unbiased way, with no presumptions of artificial "facts". It seems to me that this interesting and intellectual conversation has been transformed into a ridiculous display of something I don't know what to call it. lol. You have still not said anything that resembles fact, proof, or data other than typing the words "fact", "proof", and "data". More lol.
I posted the links to similar and leveraged technology that exist. The extension to the VRM is intuitive at that point.(I of course didn't design the VRM or other technologies. I do however understand what they do and how they do it at a basic level. But more importantly I have HEARD Q-Sound, the Headroom products, the Polk SRS system, the Carver system, The VRM and have a well tuned listening room. And I have the ability, even when aggravated of thinking objectively. I am nowhere near great at it but good enough. An by that I mean that if you or anyone else makes a point that I understand defeats one of mine I will admit it readily and change my way of thinking going forward. For example I am more than open to you making a point about the VRM that would cause me concern in using it. Something I had not thought of or missed when listening)

If someone spent every day, 8 hours a day, learning ONLY the best information known at the time they could excel at almost any career in two years. (And I do not mean science or math heavy fields or those that require practice at a physical skill. Examples being a physics research scientist or a pilot). If you totaled up all of the CONTINUOUS time in minutes or hours Katz or most other experts in their field have it would not be measured in decades. As just a rudimentary example look at colleges or better yet tech schools. How many ACTUAL hours are spent on actual relevant material? How many classes a week does an electrical engineer take that are directly germane to the field? How many hours total in 4 years? That doesn't make you an expert (or even competent in most cases) but the point is that very little actual continuous time was spent in knocking out the basics. Now take those 4 years of continuous material from Katz. I assure you he does nor most experts know that much. The point being that there is usually plenty of time on ones life to be a real expert in almost anything. While time is a factor it is not the main one by far. That would be intelligence and drive.

As for what we are doing we are now discussing general competence and unfortunately spending time in a tete-a-tete as opposed to just allowing for common sense and established fact and science to dictate.
imispgh is offline   Reply With Quote