View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #84
serstickman
Human being with feelings

Started using PC's in Win 3.11 era. Stayed with them (used to build our own as well), till 2007. Lost too many hours of work to system crashes & Cakewalk memory leaks over the years. Finally bought a Macbook & haven't looked back. I've never lost an hour's worth of work using any of my macs. From Tiger thru Mountain Lion I've had rock solid service from my machines. I use Logic & Studio One most of the time. Experiment now & then with Reaper just cuz'.

My wife is a graphic artist who uses Windows 7 & Corel. She hasn't experienced an os crash yet with her HP. Now & then she loses some time to memory leaks in Corel but she's happy with what she uses.

These days the Mac vs PC argument reminds me of the old "Ford vs Chevy" arguments. It's about personal preference. Using a mac doesn't make me special. Just means I prefer Apple-made computers. Till I start having trouble with my Macs; losing hours of work from system crashes, I probably keep using Macs till I draw my last breath. YMMV.

Make music on whatever machine you feel best suits your needs. Enjoy it