View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 07:00 AM   #15
SonicAxiom
Human being with feelings

to output MTC you absolutely MUST use the track's MIDI hardware output routing. Select the appropriate MIDI device you wanna send the sync signal to and leave the other drop-down menu @ "send to original channels". Make sure that the timecode item is set to the matching frame rate with what is set in the project properties -> Video tab (or vica-versa). Also you should nudge the timecode generator item completely to the left (very start of the project) and remove any start offset set in project properties.

On the receiving end, make sure that the frame rate setting matches also.

I'm sync'ing multiple devices and computers via MTC and LTC and it works without issues. Keep in mind that MTC has considerably lower sync accuracy (only within one frame) while LTC can achieve sample accurate transport sync so whenever possible you should use LTC (thus, a digital audio signal generated by a timecode generator sync item set to "LTC"). Obviously, in this case, you'll need a dedicated digital audio connection between Reaper and the receiving device or you might use an analog audio sync signal which will still yield more accuracy than MTC.