View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #8
Andy Hamm
Human being with feelings

I have 2 Mix Racks, MR-1 and MR-2. MR-2 is my 'walk-in rack' and it is an 8 space rack with 24 i/o. I could have fit it into a 5 space rack, but it has an 18.5 " monitor that fits into the back of the rack lid, and it wouldn't fit into my 6 space rack.

The 8 space rack contains the following:
  • 1U PC
  • MOTU 2408 MKII
  • 3x ADA8K
  • UPS
  • 18.5" LED Monitor
  • USB Keyboard & Track ball
  • Output Patchbay
  • Wireless router

Going with a smaller rack would mean that I would have to cary the UPS and the Monitor seperately, which I'd rather not do.

I have used the 6 space rack as my RF rack wich has my IEMs, wired headphone amps and my wireless mics in it, that way when I show up at a venue, I can choose to bring in nothing, either or both racks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstillwell View Post
PS: I think I'm jealous. I've got a rig set up to do much the same, but running SAC with a MOTU 2408 and 3x Focusrite Octopre MkII Dynamic It's racked up in an 11U rack and is too awkward to use a lot for my own gigs, but when I've had it out and running, it blew away most other systems I've heard.

True. Apogee. Boggling.

With 24ch of inputs, I can't get the computer, interface and I/O w/powerstrip into < 8 RU, so I may need to break it up into smaller subunits. CPU rack + I/O Racks, each of which can be 6 RU and easy to carry. It has to be one-man moveable, one-man lift.

Anyway, lots of good ideas.
Andy Hamm is offline   Reply With Quote