View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 04:27 AM   #822
sai'ke
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupont View Post
SEQ5

I noticed audio glitches with pitch shifter with a sine wave audio.
If you explain a bit more, I'd be able to tell whether that is either a bug or a known behaviour.

For every report, please try to list at least the following information.
- What were you trying to do when it happened?
- What you expected would happen and what happened exactly.
- Ideally, attach a file that reproduces the problem or shows me an example of it happening.

The more information I have, the higher the odds of getting your problem fixed.

I wouldn't expect the pitch shifter to be distortion free, since it's a WSOLA algorithm. It works by doing tiny crossfades on sped up audio, where it tries to phase match the crossfaded section. This will never be perfect and always have some artefacts. What is possible is that you hear that every N cycles, it happens to fall in an unlucky spot which leads to it not being able to phase align as well.

For sine wave inputs, I would really recommend not using a pitch shifter, but just manipulating the frequencies in whatever plugin you're using to generate the sine wave.

Can you record an example or send me a reaper file that shows them then I can confirm whether it is indeed slight misalignments, or something more sinister. Also were any other effects within SEQS active at the same time?

Last edited by sai'ke; 05-07-2021 at 04:38 AM.
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote