View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 10:55 AM   #3197
KarlGrimmMusic
Human being with feelings

Man I walk away for the weekend and come back to a few new pages!

If I came off as critical in any way on my last post I apologize! This project is absolutely amazing and the CSI is definitely the way to go! I want to set up a multi controller set up and being able to customize each plug in and action myself sounds incredibly useful and fun.

For me the only thing holding me to klinke (and a windows machine currently) is folder management and to a lesser degree send management.

I am using a full Behringer X-Touch, and hope to add an extender or two at some point.

My dream folder management would be basically exactly how klinke works. It only shows Folders on my X-touch unless I hold down the select button. This then opens and shows only the tracks that are in that folder. But also still has the folder "Master" track. When you push the "Global View" button it then goes back to the original folder tracks that are more or less a "Home" base that you move on from there. Another one step back could be holding select on the "Master" Folder. If you have folders within folders it would be nice for them to interact in the same way.

Example (8 track)
Step 1.
DRMBUS BASSBUS GTRBUS BV BUS 5 6 7 8
(hold select on DRUMBUS)controller switches to

Step 2.
DRMBUS SNRBUS KICK TOM 5 6 7 8
(hold select on SNR)

Step 3.
SNRBUS SNRTOP SNRBTM 4 5 6 7 8
(holding select on SNR again returns to Step 2. and pressing "Global View" would return to step 1.)

For me this makes mixing incredibly easy to navigate especially on larger projects because then I don't have to scroll over 8-10 banks to get to the one track I want to mess with.

Side thought. Another good option (with two or more controllers) could be locking the folders to one controller (bankable folders). Then utilizing the same process as above change the second, third, etc. controllers To open the tracks within a folder. Although I could see this getting weird quickly.

Dream Send Management. I have seen the send management utilizing the C4 controller and I do think that is brilliant. But with a normal MCU style again I find the klinke quite elegant. BUT I believe this could be done much better and possibly more simply.

1. I would imagine it would work similarly the Track/Folder Management. With a few key differences. Instead of holding the select button to open/close folders maybe hold the SOLO button which would open all of the sends for that track. If there are no sends it would not open or open to a blank page with only the track selected showing similar to how the folders are position to track 1 in folder/track management (OR if we want to get fancy holding down the solo button could add a send). In this mode it would be cool to have holding down the solo button on a send
in this mode to then open up the returns for that send.

Step 1.
DRMBUS BASBUS GTRBUS BV BUS 5 6 7 8
(hold solo on DRMBUS)controller opens sends for DRMBUS

Step 2.
DRMBUS HRDCMP REVERB DELAY 5 6 7 8
(at this point using the faders and pan knobs adjust the send level and pan)
(hold solo on REVERB) this opens all receives for REVERB

Step 3.
REVERB DRMBUS GTR 1 BASBUS BV1 BV2 BV3 8
(at this point you can adjust all sends that are being sent to the REVERB)
Holding down the SOLO button on DRMBUS would return you to step 2, pressing global view returns you to home.

Sorry for the novel and I apologize if this seems ridiculous. but thanks for reading! And for all the work you have put into this project so far!
KarlGrimmMusic is offline   Reply With Quote