View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 02:10 PM   #12
Faderjockey
Human being with feelings

from what I found.. it's because your Reaper config is messing with it.
I had a config for years got so use to it couldn't remember what was stock stuff and what I added..

But when I got Apollo 16mkII with Win10 issues.. I loaded Reaper on thumb drive and started from scratch, when an update happened I would put that version as another version on same thumb drive and copy config from that last working version.. and play with it before I'd put it on OS drive.. I actually ran for months off thumb drive just to fix stuff.. now I've been on OS for a while pretty stable.. but few times I had issues.. but it never messed up my working config..

something I had setup (maybe you too) was wrong in the audio device section I think.. and even though I ran it for a little while.. once I had a magor crash like you. It messed that config so as soon as it tried to open audio device on launch it would crash. But if I opened a fresh reaper or one I configured from scratch on thumb drive then it would be fine..

in all honesty.. I didn't have the money to go Mac back then.. My PC died and SSL interface died I found myself needing to buy both.. But if those new Mac Mini's were out then running the Apollo would be so much easier then on Win10.
Faderjockey is offline   Reply With Quote