View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 10:34 AM   #12
Eliseat
Human being with feelings

I still don't get it: As far as I know, you want to record various video takes to sync them later with a master track. But where is the problem? I mean, if you know the song - you know the bpm. And if a band plays the song, they only need to stay in the right tempo. Even if they are a little bit out of sync, you can easily fit them later in by adjusting the play rate of the clip. (stretch marker) And even if you just use one take from start to end, nothing would be easier than lining up start and end later in your video software or daw. At least in Reaper. And even (double even) if you wouldn't have a good starting point, you could just align a specific scene (A drummer who hits hard at the beginning of the chorus etc.) to line it up to the audio. And if you record the live audio with the video its even easier because you can align the peaks as another possibility. And so on ...

I do this all the time. Using various clips and sync them later in Reaper to a soundtrack. My clips vary from 95 to 130 bpm and i adjust the play rate by dividing the project tempo by the clip tempo. Sometimes I just sync a start point, set a marker where the end point should be and stretch the clip by holding alt-key to line up with the marker. I know this sounds difficult for a beginner, but its actually really easy.

Are you trying to make a music video for a (your) band? Do you plan to film the gig several times to cut it later to have clips from different angle? Than you shouldn't have a problem. Even without clap or sync. Because its easy to line up video to audio and its also easy to sync video and audio if they are a bit out of sync.

Maybe you are afraid of something which isn't a big problem? Or am I just to nerdy to understand it?
Eliseat is offline   Reply With Quote