View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 12:52 PM   #13
JamesPeters
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4duhwinnn View Post
The dead distros are still as usable as they were the day before their 'death'. ...

...The record button is the key to producing sonic gold,
Yeah but come on, you know what they're talking about. You can say that Windows 95 is as useful today as it was when it was first released too.

Anyway other than possibly one thing you mentioned about various distros, I don't see any difficulty doing what you're talking about in Manjaro. I'd avoid Pipewire for the moment because I'm not stubborn enough to deal with its current quirks and lack of GUI interface (I did try it though, and yeah I'll leave that well enough alone until it comes packaged in Manjaro). About an "expandable encryptable savefile": that's something I wouldn't know about, so if Puppy Linux is set up for that by default, I assume it would take some investigation at least before doing that in Manjaro.

And, not that I'm saying people should avoid any particular distro either. Once you get accustomed to using Linux on any distro, you have knowledge you can apply to running another distro. So even if a distro "dies" (drops support, doesn't update), you should be able to move on to another distro fairly easily. There will be some things to configure on the new distro, but otherwise it'll feel very similar overall.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote