View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 02:45 PM   #4
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith93 View Post
Hmm.. I definitely get xruns when moving the playhead like hell (which of course makes no sense ). But this only seems to happen when the Jack Pulse Audio bridge is running:

I wonder how this can be as Reaper is not using the Pulse Audio bridge and no other program is playing sound through pulse. It must be some very sharp CPU spikes as the average DSP load is only ~4%
What are you using for an audio device and what buffer settings?

I recently did a clean install of Xubuntu and am now using ALSA with a Behringer UMC1820 USB 2.0 audio device. REAPER is using a 128 sample buffer with four periods. For fun just now I launched REAPER with a 14 track project while I already have Netflix playing a movie on my second monitor. My DAW is a 2.66Ghz Intel i5 with 6GB RAM. Netflix is playing it's audio through an internal PCI based M-Audio Delta 2496 card.

When I opened REAPER's performance meter it initially showed one xrun (zero if Netflix isn't playing) before I hit play, but once I hit play, no more xruns popped up, even when clicking all around on the timeline. The project has 31 FX and is using 16.9% CPU.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote