View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 03:40 AM   #5
mschnell
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by israeltandrade View Post
I have no clue on how to do that...
You can find the experts over here in the "Script" forum.

Regarding the pedal: As it is a very simple standard thingy it obviously can and needs to be connected to a Midi Keyboard or controller that sends midi messages via 5 pin Midi Cable or via USB to the computer. Now a Reaper plugin can handle the press and release events.

Regarding the MP: Its no wonder that there is no dedicated "Midi" hardware connection (the 5-pin plug is rather outdated, anyway), but it's bound to have USB (the Quick Start Guide shows as well an USB "Device" socket (USB2) to hold cable to a PC (e.g. running Reaper), as an USB "Host" socket (USB1) to hold a cable to an USB device such as a Midi keyboard alternatively or via a "hub" together with a storage device), and USB always is bidirectional, and there is a standard for sending Midi data streams via USB. So Reaper (and hence any plugin) is able to receiver Midi messages from the MP and send midi messages to the MP (if the MP software does support those features). As denoted as "Music Pad", it would be a crime if the thingy does not provide appropriate bidirectional remote control communication via USB/Midi. The documentation of the MP should provide the appropriate information.

The Quick Start Guide mentions a Forum -> http://www.freehandsystems.com/support.htm . I would ask there on how to find the Midi (via USB) implementation the MP provides. Turning pages as a result of Midi message seems like an absolute basic feature such a device is supposed to support.

I suppose the "p2" input will accept the Pedal if equipped with an appropriate plug (standard pedals use "big" (6.3mm diameter) plugs, p2 is a smaller version, but adapters should be easily available, e.g. for Headphone use). Now there "could" be three ways to go: 1) connect the pedal to the MP and same should send a Midi message (via its USB "Device" socket to the PC, 2) connect the pedal (e.g via a midi keyboard) to the PC and same sends (via Reaper) USB messages to the MP coming in there via the same USB connection and 3) connect the Pedal to some midi controller device and connect same to the Midi "Host" socket of the MP (in fact this seems less interesting to me).

-Michael
(P.S.: Nice to know that you are from Brazil, as my wife is in Rio at the moment as a member of the support team of the German dressage Riders, and the singer in my band (see below) was born in Rio, and we do several songs created by Brazilian artists, e.g. the one we chose as a band name. )

Last edited by mschnell; 08-10-2016 at 02:12 PM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote