View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 01:47 PM   #23
MusoBob
Human being with feelings

Did you look at the snap midi to chords video above ?
I was about to add a transpose midi items script, so that would not be a problem.

For the lead sheet
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=197351#37
You can create a midi track and
"Save MIDI to MusicXML with Chords", then in the Notation Editor Save to PDF.

It will also "Create Text Chord Track", this will copy the region chords as text items on a new track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Brian Merrill View Post
Hi there!

I am loving using chord tracks in the way of just putting empty item notes, stretching them to fit, and then using HEDA's notes reader to display them.

So cool!

However, it doesn't really work when it comes to transposing a song, or printing out a chart, right?

It would be amazing if there was some way to:

- have the notes "transpose" with a certain midi track. Have a progression in your notes of

Amaj7, G#m m6, Emaj7, C#min9?

select the chord track and the midi(s) - transpose up by a semitone, and the chords in the notes become

Bbmaj7 (or even A#maj7, anything), Am m6, Fmaj7, Dmin9

obviously this is out of the scope of what we have.

Would be cool as well to have a print out of a chart, which you would make regions or something, to show an "A, B, C, or D" section, and then map out an arrangement and print out a chart. That's obviously out of the scope, too - but it would be neat.

I am loving the ability to have the chords displayed for my own practice (especially when dealing with keyboard chords), and would be even cooler if someone could write a script to detect midi chords and just have them dynamically display in the notes or notes reader type screen

Last edited by MusoBob; 10-27-2018 at 01:54 PM.
MusoBob is offline   Reply With Quote