View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 03:37 AM   #3
Eliseat
Human being with feelings

I see no sense in blocking a key rather than avoiding to press it. If you are afraid hitting the c2 key accidentally maybe it would be better to choose a key out of that range. Maybe the highest key on your keyboard. This should reduce the chance to touch it.

As long as I know there is no sampler or instrument which allows to block a certain key as long as its sound plays. This would make it unplayable. And if you really use 30sec samples it would mean the key could not be triggered for 30 seconds! No, that wouldn't make any sense.

Only thing imaginable is an action which blocks a note for a certain time but self-contained. So you could set the blocking time the same as the time for your sample.

I'm afraid there is no way to help you beside that.

The second issue has only to do with your sustain, release and Obey note-off settings. If you want to hit the note once and let it play till the end, you have to turn off "obey note off". But you then can't stop it easily. Only way I see is to lay a second "silent" sample in the list which only gets triggered by the lower half of the velocity. This way you could start the main sample with a normal hit on the key and "stop" it by hitting the same key very softly by starting the short, silent sample.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Eliseat; 05-20-2018 at 03:55 AM.
Eliseat is offline   Reply With Quote