View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 03:50 AM   #668
Axisential
Human being with feelings

Hi Moss, love your work here - have used it with Bitwig already, so know what it's capable of!

I'm running Reaper 5.983 on Linux, with a Novation Launchpad Mk2 via JACK. Reaper recognises DrivenByMoss extension and the Launchpad itself, and allows me to configure etc. I can also see MIDI messages being sent to Reaper when I hit any buttons on the Launchpad. However, nothing lights up on the Launchpad, and it doesn't control any functionality.

Any thoughts on which direction I can head in for troubleshooting?

[edit: found the debugging toggle - here's what looks to be the critical line: "javax.sound.midi.MidiUnavailableException: Device or resource busy"
So, given that Reaper is definitely receiving MIDI messages from the Launchpad (I can see the triggers when I hit a key), what could cause this?]

OK, so have gotten the controller working - was a JACK issue in the end. Couple of questions vs. the Bitwig version I've used...
1- I can't get as many input modes as I could in Bitwig (can only get the grid, piano and Drum64. Should there be others I should be able to access here?
2- Should I be able to get the sequencer going? I thought I was this in one of your Reaper vids. No sign of it - Shift+User1 gives me the same options as vs. User1 by itself
3- I'm missing the excellent colours of the Bitwig version in the piano setting - everything is white, with the tonic/key buttons in a very similar greyish colour. Should this be as per the Bitwig colours? Figured this one out when I went to Bitwig - the buttons inherit the colour from the track colour. Clever!

Last edited by Axisential; 10-10-2019 at 05:59 AM.
Axisential is offline   Reply With Quote