View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 01:38 AM   #648
moss
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdembo View Post
hmm, arturia midi control centre is refusing to accept the .beatstep resources file. crashes every time I try.

I'll keep reading and trying different things

EDIT: Using the midimonitor, I can see the transport and knobs 1 -16 are sending CC data, but probability/randomness/swing and tempo arent registering. Not entirely certain what Im doing wrong now (beatstep Pro with latest firmware, win 10 latest version, 64 bit, latest reaper). I've sacked off the USB cable just in case that was the problem and I'm purely using a MIDI cable for the moments. I can see that knobs CC data registering on a track if I enable the midi input. But the transport doesnt work at all, and no tempo is being changed. BFD seems to pick all this up automatically. I think I'm getting confused at two steps, 1, What settings to have on the BSP itself that might make a difference (tho again, BFD seems fine), and 2. If there is any scripting I need to do or if the transport should just work once I choose the BSP within the drivenbymoss config? Gonna try a portable install of Reaper next.

EDIT 2: Portable install of Reaper behaved no differently. So I thought I'd try a different DAW and installed bitwig for the first time, and its working instantly with the tempo and transport by only choosing the saffire midi input upon install. So I would imagine I've messed something up in Reapers settings somewhere?
For the Beatstep Pro you need to load the "Bitwig.beatsteppro" not the ".beatstep" file but if it works fine with Bitwig there is no need to try this again.
For Reaper make sure that you deactivated all of the Beatstep pro MIDI in-/outputs in the Reaper settings and recheck that you selected the same in-/outpus as in Bitwig in the DrivenByMoss setup dialog.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote