View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 07:07 AM   #18
dark blue man
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billoon View Post
Cubase4 has just added Track Presets(what REAPER calls Track Templates)...this aint dark ages, its the future.

You set them up how you want them once, then they are available instantly forever. Its really is not that hard...if youve read the manual and the wiki but still need some help, go ask some questions in the Q+A section of the forum...there are plenty of folk that will be glad to help get you going.
I find it difficult to get completely through a project using multi out Vsti's in Reaper because, sooner or later, for me at least, Reaper crashes. Now I don't know if that's to do with my set up (I have an Emu 1820m, a UAD-1 and a PowerCore firewire with a Virus multi timberal synth), or whether it's me making a cock up of the routing. I don't think that's the case but I guess it could be. I do find the audio and midi routing in Reaper a tad confusing. All I know is everything works sweet in Cubase.

In Cubase all you do is load your Vsti, set its outputs, put one on midi channel 1, 2, 3 etc corrosponding to your Vsti's outputs, 1, 2, 3 etc and you're ready to record midi on those channels. The audio channels are sorted automatically, without you having to think about them. You can even hide the midi channels in the mixer if you want. Nothing could be simpler, it works, and you never have to worry about templates. I don't know about Cubase 4. I have no intenetion of buying it. I would dearly love to resolve my issues with Reaper and buy that instead but at present I dare not attenpt anything important in Reaper.

I did make a thread in the general forum about it which got over a hundred hits but not one reply.

Regards
dark blue man is offline   Reply With Quote