View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 05:15 PM   #56
gofer
-blänk-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
I seem to remember that it's not just MPE on/off, but multiple Modes that can be selected.
I think MPE on/off merely declares whether a global channel is used to send controllers that should work on all channels of an MPE "zone", which is a conglomerat of a global channel and some channels used for polyphonic noteon/noteoff/aftertouch/CC74 data, which are defined with "start channel" and "end channel". Per default, as you probably know, Seaboard sends global on channel 1 and polyphonic data on channels 2 through 16.

For example to use Omnisphere, I used to switch off MPE, so I could set it to send polyphonic data on channels 1 through 8 (and no global data at all) Maybe it's also possible to just set channels 1 through 8 while MPE is on, never tried that.
Nowadays I use a JSFX similar to woodslanding's (but with my own crude spaghetti code) to redistribute the channels and copy anything I want to be global onto all 8 channels. It also reduces the pitch bend range to match Omnisphere's maximum 24 semitones and can remap aftertouch/CC74 to other controllers and rescale them. Plus it does some velocity scaling which is often needed for instruments not designed for touch style input devices. Works nice. woodslanding's plugin does most of that and some extra stuff (with much neater code).

The modes you remember, I suppose are basically presets with different configurations of the available settings, most of which you find in Red's list.
To be frank (which I am bound to be, as that's my name ) ROLI's Dashboard application is full of little quirks, buglettes and inconveniences. For their "Single channel" mode alone I reported at least six weird behaviors, such as unnecessary reset messages with every note-on (pitch bend and CC74 reset, even when you set up to to not use slide or glide at all...). They may have improved that, I didn't check since I found post processing deals with it neatly and brings additional advantages, too.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote