View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 05:01 PM   #101
BenK-msx
Human being with feelings

Thanks Flight - I'll have a reminder session with AHK, I did use it ages ago once for something v. simple, but good excuse to learn more -
Best to ask first tho!

if anything comes of it that does the trick i will post with any news,
cheers again

EDIT:
think i got lucky, have looked into it further tonight and after a google reminder of windows shortcuts, the process can be done with just keystrokes (which i didn't think it could do at first) making it reasonably reliable.

i will include the hotkey script below but also note it here for those who don't use it and the curious:
ctrl-p (options)
c (highlights control surfaces section)
tab *4 (moves focus to ok)
Down arrow *3 (moves focus again)
tab *2 (highlights top control surface in list)
space (selects/opens it)
return (hits ok)
tab *11 (!! gets focus back to 'apply' (just to be sure))
Return *2(selects apply and oks to finish/close options)

its alot of keys but seems to work for alpha 3 (didnt try with 2.55 but will)

----
on a side note: I did determine a while back the SYsEX messages that change the preset number on bcf units (it took me an age to figure that out!) remotely (i.e from reaper)

i wonder if this could be used to auto change presets as mixer view changes or a track is selected??
- edit- you need to merge the midi with virtual midi and midi-ox etc.to go to the unit to still retain control surface features so hassle not worth it right now for me

but if anyone is interested in these sysex msgs let me know.

cheers again flight for helping things along!

update: (at least flight may be interested!)
completley by accident this - switching to another project tab resets/initializes the control surface... so having a blank project in a tab containing at least the number of tracks you have assigned to your CS, (plus a minimacro to go to next project tab X2), will flick to the new tab and back reseting your bcf.
this may be easier than using AHK - unfortunately you cannot currently save multiple tabs as a template so the hassle of opening a tab and then the project eats into the time saved but once done is pretty convenient.

tabs are crazy btw
Attached Files
File Type: txt AutoHotkey.ahk.txt (1.3 KB, 204 views)

Last edited by BenK-msx; 02-22-2009 at 06:15 PM.
BenK-msx is offline   Reply With Quote