View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 12:01 PM   #2237
dixo
Human being with feelings

I got the QCon Pro and the extender running without much trouble. I used the Logic Pro mode on the QCon, and the MCU config files that came with CSI.

The strange thing is that on my main studio machine (the one that I want to use with the control surfaces) Reaper does not see CSI in the list of possible control surfaces. I tried on my laptop, and there it works fine. Both machines are installed in exactly the same way as far as Reaper is concerned, but the main machine runs Windows 8.1 and the laptop runs Windows 10. I installed the 2017 C++ runtime on the Win 8.1 machine because I read that somewhere in this thread, but it did not help. I would really love to get it working on my main machine.

Some other questions and observations:
- How is the assignment of the faders determined? Is the order of the surfaces in the page deciding if faders 1-8 are on the extender or the main unit?
- I had to change MCUXTDisplayUpper (and ..Lower) to MCUDisplay... in the MCUXT.rst to get the display working on the extender. (I created QConPro.rst and QConEX.rst files to keep the MCU ones untouched).
- I really love that the faders on the surface follow the visibility of the faders on the MCP. So opening and collapsing a folder track is reflected on the surface. Is there a way to open / collapse a selected (folder) track with buttons on the surface instead of using the mouse?
- The faders behave a little odd: for most of the range they work fine, but when I pull them to the max position using the mouse, the corresponding fader on the surface jumps to the zero position. Not really a problem, but it is weird. Could this be related to 7-bit or 14-bit resolution?
- The track VU meters next to the faders do not work. They used to work with the Klinke MCU extension, so I would expect them to be compatible with the MCU. Are they supposed to be working with the MCU using CSI?

It was a very pleasant surprise that it was so easy to get something working.
Thanks Geoff and all contributors for this great piece of work. Even as a pre-alpha version it is already very useful!

Last edited by dixo; 12-14-2018 at 01:09 PM.
dixo is offline   Reply With Quote