View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 07:43 PM   #216
larrygates
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by labyrinth View Post
I am abandoning this theme due to these reasons:

1. Many things that make this theme standout simply can not be done in REAPER currently.
a. Meters under the faders
b. Fader positioning coloring (also under the faders)
c. The positioning of many things (almost all)
d. Alternate panels for the child tracks of the folders.

2. The graphics are stunning, especially looking at them in the vector file. To make them work in REAPER I had to convert them and the loss was huge. Now this could be the algorithm I'm using in Corel X3, but with the conversion from vector to raster, the resizing to have the images match the scale, and also to fit the proportions that REAPER requires- the images became CRAP, really.

3. One huge thing I was trying to do when creating this as a REAPER theme was to maintain the gloss and sheen of the original file, but because REAPER is limited to a certain file size limit I was unable to convey this (IMO).

Now someone with more graphics experience may be able to get this to work, but I am not a graphics pro, thus why I work with sound. Now my Easy On The Eyes, Tallisman's ReaBend/UberXonix, White Tie's Elevator, Valle's Vixie Plain vs.1&2 and many others are great examples of what can be done in REAPER as is. This is something that I do not think can be done (not well at least).

I'm sorry to everyone, I was hoping for it too.
Don't worry about it. I'm fine with knowing it exists, and you were humble enough to detail your reasons. I appreciate it.

But I also predicted this would happen, and knew the trade off wouldn't be worth it. The patience for when it does happen will be great, and there will probably be a better theme by that time also. (I doubt it though)
larrygates is offline   Reply With Quote