View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 05:50 PM   #16816
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrglenn View Post
Just circling back to this from a while ago…

Thanks Geoff — I think I might have mis-characterized the problem. I did a bit more testing and the TrackBank functionality is working just fine, as long as I do it from my surface. The problem only seems to pop up when I click to a track with my mouse.

To test, I set up a test session with 16 tracks. My X-touch settings are as follows:
  • Number of Channels = 8
  • Channel Start Position = 0
I start out with track 1 selected. The surface shows tracks 1-8. If I click on any track between 9 and 16, CSI automatically banks the surface to channels 9-16. So far so good.

If I start out with track 16 selected and click on track 1, however, the surface banks to show tracks 2-9. If I start on track 16 and select track 3, the surface banks to 4-11. Again, this is only an issue when I click to the earlier tracks — using the bank button on the surface works as-expected. I get the same result with a much larger test session, too. When clicking to a track in a LATER bank in the session, the surface follows correctly; when clicking to an EARLIER bank, the bank is offset by 1.

Setting the Channel Start Position to -1 allows me to compensate for the issue, but obviously introduces other problems (namely, I can't bank to the last track in the session at all and need to add a blank one at the end).

Hopefully this makes sense!
Thanks for testing !

Now I see, yup, looks like a bug, will investigate.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote