View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 08:14 AM   #842
toxizz
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgoboss View Post
I'm with you on this. Got myself a few times into the situation that I wanted to trigger a clip recording stop while still playing on the keyboard ... which made me wish I had 3 hands. So I was already thinking about introducing a "global record stop" parameter that I can map to a button (for example to a foot switch or a special key on the keyboard). To enrich this feature with the possibility to MIDI overdub the recorded clip until pressing the button again sounds nice. Do you happen to know what's the name of that feature in Ableton Live?

You're right about this. MIDI overdub is really not intended to be used live right now. At the time I implented MIDI overdub, it was not really feasible to tailor it for live use. But a lot of stuff has happened in the meantime. Playtime doesn't use REAPER's recording function anymore but its own. Which brings a lot of advantages, like for example a real live MIDI overdub seems quite possible and feasible now. I'm planning to implement this as one of the next features.
WoooOOOOuhhhhhOuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu !!!!!!!!!!!!
As far as the name of the feature, I'm not sure if they call it like that in the manual but in live, the info bar calls it the : Session record button

see screen shot : https://ibb.co/kKECMo

Thanks again!
toxizz is offline   Reply With Quote