View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 12:30 PM   #24
lexaproductions
Human being with feelings

I think I just found a workaround to a long standing CPU concern: Because We need the Reaper function: "Run Background Projects" To be "ON" for this to work. A large Project had a big CPU hit to the computer. It's never been an actual issue for me but I don'T like Reaper to show 800% in the activity monitor.

But there is another Reaper Function named "Run Stopped Background Projects". With this option set to OFF, only the playing tabs are online.

So I use this action to initiate playback:
Code:
  AudioRoutingTab = reaper.EnumProjects(0,0)
  reaper.OnPlayButton()
  reaper.OnPlayButtonEx(AudioRoutingTab)
And this one to Stop:
Code:
  AudioRoutingTab = reaper.EnumProjects(0,0)
  reaper.OnStopButton()
  reaper.OnStopButtonEx(AudioRoutingTab)
This way, I'm making sure that I keep my Audio Routing Tab Play-State in sync with my playback tabs and I never have more than 2-3 tabs online at the same time.

I just tried a quick stress test of a 150 opened songs averaging 20 audio tracks in each. Never got a CPU over 80%. I now need to do some testing on this to make sure it's reliable but so far it looks promising.