View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 07:55 AM   #19
lexaproductions
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeJumperMusicUK View Post
This would be the ideal solution except for one small wrinkle. The midi-controller only works on the "mixer project tab" if that project has focus. I would really like to be able to control the "mixer project tab" using the midi controller when that project does not have focus, i.e. I have one of the song projects visible. Does anyone know if there is a way to achieve this?
I can think of 2 solutions:
1-
If you ALWAYS put your Mixer tab as the first one in your project, you can setup a routine where every time you touch a mixer button it switches to the first tab to do the change. And when you release it it goes back. It actually makes sense because it allows you to see your changes.

2-
Maybe you could use the IAC Driver or another MIDI bus to talk directly to the Mixer tab without having to use the Reaper MIDI routing. Just make sure Reaper ignores any other MIDI information on your controller to not mess up with the current playing tab.