View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 09:40 AM   #15
1dell
Human being with feelings

I don't need complex routing. In fact Fl Studio's routing works just fine for me. along with the wet dry knob. I deal more with organic instruments and only a few synths. I don't see how having all of that would make my music any better.

I guess I meant groups when I said it has glue. I could have sworn I saw glue somewhere.

But I tell you what, edison can't be beat and I have just learned some POWER uses for SliceX. It's just sooo much under Fl Studio's hood that most users don't realize or recognize because of inferior genres. Yes I said inferior genres like hip hop and other loop-based genres. There are just so many features they don't need so they never have to bother learning them. Not to mention FL Studio is the first program they have ever used in some cases. Where as with me, I've used REAPER, Adobe Audition, Magix Music STudio, Audacity, Acid and others so I know how to work Linear. and I've also learned how to work in the pattern based environment. I'm telling ya. Pattern based opens up so much possibility creatively. I can take a song to new heights that way rather than linear.

I'm more concerned with the creative process FIRST and the mechanical second. It seems like everyone's focus in on the mechanical here when it comes to the reaper vs fl studio. So I guess it's a matter of work flow for me. which far outweights routing, plug in compensation, etc. When routing can help me write a better song, then it might be important to me. And the learning curve to understand the complexities of REAPER's routing. It's just not how I think. It's like I'll have to learn a different way to think and I don't really want to.

As I said in another post, I'm left handed so I'm more of a right sphere of the brain user. Fl Studio appeals to me because it seems to be right-brained software. I want to see a song as a picture, not as lanes of a highway. Albeit I do use the Track lane function on FL Studio AFTER i've used the pattern editor, I'll send a pattern instance to a track. I can make the song in boxes then when I send the instance to a track I can see the song the exact same way you do in reaper.

I was hoping that reaper had SOMETHING that I needed that I wasn't getting from FL Studio. Like I said I love the mixer compared to FL Studio's mixer. But I've kinda grown accustom to it now. I was hoping with the New Reaper it would make song writing better, easier, more funner (lol) or something. Not just a bunch of left-brained stuff that zaps me of creativity and makes me feel like an automechanic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gls View Post
Are you sure about that? Mine doesn't and I'm using fl9.:?

Automatic plug-in delay compensation.

http://flstudio.image-line.com/help/...trackprops.htm

Fl's devs reckon it is impossible to implement because of the way the mixer works, but reaper manages to do it with just as flexible routing.

Another small thing you can't do in fl, select and route more than one mixer track at once. This would be so useful, when you consider no auto-pdc, but the devs have decided we don't need it and we should click on every single mixer track that needs routing.
1dell is offline   Reply With Quote