View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 09:45 AM   #52
Funkybot
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagelis View Post
Yes, same here... With tools we could use the same key modifiers with different behavior for different tasks..which is way easier to remmember. Simplicity is the best imo.
Yeah, agree.

For commonly used actions, it's easy to remember what does what. But when I'm looking for a specific action/modifier that's not as frequently used, I can't even tell you how many times I've gotten into "is Alt+Shift? Nope. Is it Ctrl+Shift? Nope. Is it Shift? Nope. Is it Shift+Right Drag? Close. Is it Alt+Shift+Right Drag? There it is!"

How is that better from a workflow perspective than being able to call up a set of "Mouse Modifier Presets (e.g. a tool)?" Personally, I'd rather be able to have an "Area Selection" preset, a "Time Selection Preset," a "Time Stretch Preset," maybe a "Split Preset," and just assign those to a toolbar action/shortcut to swap between simple mouse commands and tools as needed.

If it could be handled that way, existing users could maintain their existing workflows, but anyone looking for a more tool-based set of mouse actions, could create custom ones in a very Reaper, highly-customizable, way! Just allow users to create Mouse Modifier presets, and swapping those to actions and tools. I kind of do something similar in the MIDI Editor where I change the left-click options to alternate between painting multiple notes or entering single notes. This would be an expansion of that same type of concept.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote