View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 09:05 AM   #460
musicroom
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Stop Continues View Post
It seems there's an, if kind of silly, use case for copy/cut/paste back on the menus. The thing is this: What I cannot do is put those actions back on the menu outside of a submenu. That would seriously be a waste. Already, the item context has a clipboard submenu. I could add a clipboard submenu to the track/envelope/midi contexts if there is really a call for it and ONLY if that would satiate those of you who'd like to see them back on the menus.

If what would please you is to have those commands outside of a submenu, I suggest you add the actions to the top of you Reamenus above a separator named #protect-above. You can do the same thing at the bottom of your menus with #protect-below.

That way, you can use the splicer to update your reamenus and keep your custom commands. (There's more info on splicing on the page.)

You'll have a hard time convincing anybody that right-clicking is better than ctrl-c/ctrl-v though. I use a LOT of shortcuts and I know that not everyone realizes how easy it is to collect muscle memories, but even my grandmother ctrl-copies. lol

I think returning those editing staples would be a good idea for a future release. I love the reamenus and appreciate your deication and skill for making it available to me.

However, back to the couple of reasons I can think.

1) There are times when I am working one handed so to speak, and being able to use the mouse for simple tasks is what is needed. Simple as that.

2) New users, or "barely can use a computer" users take solace in the fact that no matter what program they are using, some things stay constant in the menus (save, save as, print, cut, copy, paste...)

2 cents