View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 05:31 PM   #135
Fritz
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Ihao View Post

You write "Now reaper has for my latency for recording is the amount the card is reporting+6ms-6ms+98 samples. The 98 samples is for my external converters the card has no idea about the latency of."

Where do you factor in these 98 samples? Maybe there is some overly agressive compensation in play, like we talked about early in this thread?

I sure appreciate your input.
What is happening here is that my firewire interface reports the latency back to Reaper or whatever program for the analog I/O. Since I mainly use a better external converter I have to compensate for the extra latency of the external converter hooked up to the adat ports on my interface.

The 98 samples goes in the input samples box to compensate the audio tracks

The +6ms and the -6ms go in the input and output ms boxes to compensate the midi. These numbers cancel out in the latency calculation so the midi moves without effecting the audio tracks

If you do not have a problem with audio offset, then you could just enter numbers for midi offset but there would have to be a value of + or - something so that audio offset would not be messed up
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote