View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 09:47 PM   #25
tjw1979
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41TWIN View Post
5150, that's a peavey right? I used to have classic 50 back in the day and another 2 12 that was more metal sounding. I can't remember the name of it though....

I was getting ready to order some 7506's.... this helps me do it. LOL.

I owned a classic vibe duo sonic for a week. MGR. It was a classic vibe model. The nut wasn't quite right and I wasn't sure I wanted to stick more money into it, so it went back. But I came up with a bunch of riffs and had a lot of fun playing it..... I have since played some american and mexican mustangs and I liked these shorter scale models more than I thought I would. I had and G&L fallout for a week once too. Which had a super great sound. But something about the body and the way it sat torqued my left wrist more than usual and it was like always sore when playing it. I play sitting mostly and the body is small. Plus it's 25.5 scale. I think the Mustangs and duo sonics help cuz you're not reaching as far. Plus I think their bodies are a bit bigger than the G&L Fallout. That thing had a SUPER good sound though. P90 in the neck, humbucker bridge.

Strats just feel right to me but I'm constantly tinkering with the sound. LOL.

Yes it's a Peavey, he swears by it and has used it for years. Whilst I like it for higher gain stuff I find there's not a great deal of subtlety there. Still a great sound though for what is does. I also own a matamp gt200 and matching 610 from my bassist in a band days but it's just too loud to use in the house for recording. It would shake my house to bits haha.

Yeah the 7506 are great I find. Everything seems to translate for me across different speakers.

My duo sonic has had a little bit of work. I replaced the pickups with some maida vale strat pups and filed the fret edges back as they were a little sharp when I picked it up. I would love a strat personally, maybe one day in the distant future if the budget ever allows haha!

Last edited by tjw1979; 06-21-2022 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Spelling
tjw1979 is offline   Reply With Quote