View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 07:24 AM   #98
Michael Willis
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
If you're looking to tackle another reverb plugin, maybe a version of the ProG...?
Ha! I've been thinking that I should do something with ProG. In my opinion it has a much better "small room" algorithm, while Hibiki is a better "hall" algorithm. At one point I thought about putting both algorithms in Dragonfly, using some kind of selector like "Reverb Type" with "Room" and "Hall" as options, but the parameters to ProG are very different, so that might be kind of weird. If I make it a separate plugin, my big hangup is coming up with a good name... Dragonfly was easy because... uh... I like dragonflies.

Quote:
I'm on the other end of the spectrum...the end that you hate.
Well, "hate" is a strong word. I've just noticed that I'm highly influenced by emotions from music, so for my own emotional stability it is best to avoid music with a lot of anger.

Quote:
Dragonfly won't save any parameters settings in a preset, other than the room type.
Confirmed, this is indeed a bug. I've been using Ardour while developing this plugin, and I didn't experience this problem there. I just barely tried it in the demo version of Reaper and I think I know what the problem is. I think probably when Reaper loads the plugin, within a few milliseconds it (1) tells the plugin how to set all of the dials, and then (2) tells the plugin which preset is selected. My plugin responds to (2) by setting all of the dials to the preset defaults.

Anyway, maybe that was more than you cared to know, but I'll try to carve out some time to fix it some time this week. I'm trying to resolve all of these kinds of issues and get a release that I feel good about calling "version 1.0.0".
Michael Willis is offline   Reply With Quote