View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 04:46 AM   #2256
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon View Post
Hi Geoff.

Is there something I need to add to the .axt file (or other file) to have the Control Surface (X-Touch) follow the mouse? When I mouse-click the track is highlighted as selected but that selection does not flow thru to the Control Surface.

Related to following (sorta); when I press the RIGHT TrackBank button and it gets to the end of my tracks, it stops (which is expected/desired behavior). However, when I go left, the Surface will go "off the grid" so to speak and show nothing on the displays. Is there something I can add to prevent this?

(I re-read a post where someone else was experiencing something similar...I had two entries in the "Surfaces" section as I do not know what I am doing. )

And finally, I understand documentation is coming (in the grand scale) but I noticed there are custom commands I assumed you created, ie., "MapTrackToWidgets", "PinSelectionToTracks", etc.
Can you post some docs for them...as in code comments...something you can copy-paste into this thread?

This project is pretty awesome...if the Green Brothers didn't already have "The Project for Awesome" I would suggest it as a name. Thanks much for your efforts (and the many others contributing on this thread).

Cheers,
David
Yeah, things are getting stable enough -- famous last words -- that a pre alpha set of docs is probably a good idea, I'll play around over the holidays.

Also, a reminder of an upcoming breaking change -- .rst (real surface template) files will now be named .mst (Midi surface template) -- shouldn't be too intrusive, there aren't a lot of them
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote