View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 02:37 PM   #2
philper
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kero View Post
So if I open a brand new project in Reaper on my my main system (Macbook Pro) and press play, the playhead won't move, then suddenly starts randomly moving.
BUT, if I create a new track, then all is fine with the playhead, even with no audio.

However, if I open a brand new project on my Macbook Air, and press play, the playhead moves fine, I don't have to create a new track.

Having said all this, the playhead was moving in random jerks an hour ago on my main computer, even with audio, on a track, the audio played, but I had a playhead moving randomly.

I intended buying the Softube Console One to start working with Reaper again, but this kind of unpredictable behaviour has made me think twice.

I will point out that I have no problems of this nature in Logic or Pro Tools.

Any pointers? I really would like to work with Reaper but its impossible with a sticking playhead!
I have Reaper running on 2 PCs and 3 Macs and the playhead doesn't do as you say. Maybe temporarily ditch any 3rd party plugs? Are your drives very full? Uninstall and download again? Are you working at a high SR?
philper is offline   Reply With Quote