View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #62
jollyjimbo
Human being with feelings

Default Axiom-Pro 49/REAPER

[QUOTE=politcat;438009]Reaper and Axiom

In Reaper:
--open actions list and locate and click "Track: Set volume for track n (midi CC only)"
--click Add
--turn respective knob on Axiom
--for MIDI CC choose Relative 1
--click OK

Ok, I'm kind of a MIDI noob, but with my Axiom-Pro 49, setting MIDI CC to "Relative 1" in REAPER causes for some sloppy slider action. However, if I set MIDI CC to "Absolute" in REAPER, it performs just as good as if HyperControl were built into REAPER. I'm not trying to start trouble or anything, I'm just saying that if at first you don't succeed (following the directions, of course) EXPERIMENT! By the way, Politcat, if it were not for YOUR little tutorial, I would still by trying to figure it out. I ended up using different channels than in the tutorial, but it's just a personal ease of use issue there. Other than the disagreement over channel selection (MINOR) and MIDI CC Relative/MIDI CC Absolute (Not so minor, but we all work on different things) I've followed the instructions and been successful... Thanks Politcat/everyone else who posted knowledge. I think REAPER is gonna replace Cubase for me!
jollyjimbo is offline   Reply With Quote