View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 09:51 PM   #26
inthepipeline
Human being with feelings

Location: Bristol, UK. Slowly sinking island next to mainland Europe

Hi Bevosss,

I was just using this Keyboard shortcut and for some reason (always worked before) it just stopped.

It was setting the loop selection between the markers, but then just moving on to the next selection without dropping Tempo markers on the way.

I haven't really played with the "macro" style keyboard-shortcut in Reaper much before, though I'd read this thread and set up this shortcut. For me it is one of the most useful things to be able to do in Reaper because I and most of the people I know like to record live and bounce the timing off each other.

So I tried to figure out and came up with this:

Loop Points: Set Start Point
Markers: Next Marker/Project End
Loop Points: Set End Point
Time Selection: Copy Loop Points to Time Selection
Markers: Time Signature Measure from Time Selection
<none>

I think this might have come about because of some changes made to Reaper version 2.029. and added the option "Loop points linked to time selection. Somehow I must have unlinked them without realising. Anyway, this serves as a way to get around it if the option isn't checked.

Question:
I've been trying to get this method to work with time signatures other than 4/4, so far without much success. I'm aware that you can set the time signature up in the project settings, but I'd like to be able to somehow be able to set "gradually transition tempo to next marker".

Any ideas?

Last edited by inthepipeline; 02-19-2008 at 11:00 PM.
inthepipeline is offline   Reply With Quote