View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 03:43 AM   #113
whiteaxxxe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by headcase915 View Post
oh i dont quantize or order my drums into perfect time.. it sounds unhuman... drummers are perfect so i believe chopping up their hits and placing them in perfect time is well robotic.. but that's my take on it... the industry standard is to put then in time
and here we have a big problem outside of making music.

who cares what industry standard is, and who cares about something like "inhumanity" what was read elsewhere??

tell you what: a wrong played note is a wrong played note and a misplaced drum hit is a misplaced drum hit.

everything you tell is, that you have a theory and use this theory to justify what you do. where from do you know what industry standard is? from Gearslutz? obviously you never worked in the industry.

and you come along with arguments outside of your music. if it fits, Killswitch Engage is an argument for anything, the industry is an argument, humanity in drums is an argument. you know, these doesnt fit to the problem.

your music is what it is all about. doesnt matter what you think is standard. Killswitch never would let a misplaced and not in time playing drums go through. there is no need for argueing about that. because it doesnt matter.

you should ask yourself one question: does anything you believe in whats right or wrong have any benefit for your music? if not, ditch it, forget about it, move on in doing it the right way.

and thats not what you do, you dont do it the right way, you want to do it by the book. (what book? should be an interesting question to answer ...)

simple as that: doesnt matter what anybody tells you - me included - it matters, that you do it right. so get lost of the arguments industry and Killswitch and "a pro has said" and such a like.

your mixes suck and your masters suck and in the arrangement and in playing are major mistakes. fix it! now! :-))) (citation taken from Batman ... :-))

they way you think and act in this whole process doesnt do you and/or the music any good. thats the point.

edit: placing drum hits in time isnt industry standard, its musical standard. therefor the industry is right. even you tune your guitars. avoid that, because its industry standard? sorry, that industry standard argument is always a very dumb and dull argument on either sides.

Last edited by whiteaxxxe; 09-05-2014 at 03:50 AM. Reason: seconds later ...
whiteaxxxe is offline   Reply With Quote