View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 12:02 PM   #18
Cyclerider
Human being with feelings

Default I'm having similar problems

I'm also noticing that my rendered files sound very different from how the song sounds in Reaper. I've also tried bouncing out a 32-bit wav file and importing back into a track. There is a reduction in volume but all the tracks still come through.

If I render the song twice, using exactly the same settings, then import those two files into a project and reverse phase on one of them, it's all silent except some of VSTi tracks still come through loud and clear. Guess they render differently each time.

I also have a place where the vocal pans back and forth. Sounds great in Reaper playback but totally missing from rendered mp3 or wav files. I'm pretty new at this and from reading these posts, seems like I need to look at my routing (most tracks route to an FX bus) and panning laws, which as far as I know I never changed. It seems that the default should be that it renders properly rather than removing it.

But it is enough to make you go nuts when you can't get a rendered version that sounds like your mix in Reaper. :-(
Cyclerider is offline   Reply With Quote