View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 08:46 AM   #40
b0se
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
Hey b0se! I just stumbled upon this thread, your mod is looking really promising, can’t wait to try it out, if shared of cause

– and, it’s really funny when I look at the I/O color indicators, you and I have almost same idea for an alternative solution. I did both a vertical and a horizontal edition just like yours. I think I’m going with vertical, omitting the button and instead use a simple roll-over like this example:

Anyway, a thing I notice is that you might have swapped blue and yellow?

I don’t think there’s a convention about the order of appearance, but personally I’m planning on using my v6-mod together with dopp_fxlist (script), where the I/O color indication will correspond if using g-y-b. Perhaps there are other examples.

Again, yours is looking really great, a lot of work!
That looks very nice, love the minimalism. I'll keep the button for two reasons though: 1) consistency (as per the TCP) and 2) a visual anchor point. Long story here, but I found that with a dark button (to match mute and solo) the MCP list was too dark; not enough visual cues to determine spacing/locations via peripheral vision. Looked nice with faders all aligned, but when testing in a busy mix, the faders are scattered all over and don't provide consistency.

LOVE the idea though, I didn't test with no button at all due to the above. Hmmm :¬)

You're right, the colours are swapped. I must have done by accident on the Photoshop mockup. I'll swap them back. That'll take some time but worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumbfort View Post
This is looking really great! Looking forward to trying it out (and if it ends up syncing well with my workflow I'll definitely donate!).
Thanks! I'll be releasing it for free.
b0se is offline   Reply With Quote