View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 12:14 PM   #101
Lunar Ladder
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by adXok View Post
I do not know to what 'funny aspect' you're referring it.
Literally the one I wrote (pun intended, hah), but yeah senses of humor differ, so it might not seem that funny to someone else.

In any case, interesting viewpoints in this thread. The comparisons to programming languages and the presented history of their evolution are a bit off, academically speaking. Quite the rabbit hole and off topic to pursue that one too much, though.

What I'd like to see is the same thing brainwreck has urged: the more [actual in-use and practical, not just higher level meta pondering] examples there are, of the expressive and analytical qualities of some alternative system, the more convincingly it can be argued to be "better" than what is there already. As in, can it really express what it sets out to do?

For programming languages, there is no one single solution, and there's a multitude of co-existing languages, preferred in different contexts. In music, if there's one convention used for some type of music and another one for some other type of music, it's still surprisingly uniform in comparison.
Lunar Ladder is offline   Reply With Quote