View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 11:16 PM   #3
vanhaze
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodobirds View Post
Please forgive me if this has been asked in another topic, I searched for it but didn't find anything.

So I'm coming to Reaper from Logic but the only thing that seems to be stopping me from making the move and test-driving reaper in a real project (with very real deadlines!) is that I can't figure out how to render a midi item in place as audio.

For those of you not familiar with logic, let me explain : in logic, you can select a midi region (item) and automatically render it in audio while muting the midi item. So basically, with a single keystroke, you can convert a midi region to an audio one.

I've tried doing the same thing in reaper but I seem to be running into problems because I have many multi-timbal instruments. Let me explain : most of my libraries are hosted in a PC slave wired to my master via VE pro. Since I always bounce to audio before mixing anyway,I don't bother creating a separate audio output for each midi track. Instead, all 16 midi tracks hosted Ina single ve pro instance come through a single audio 'bus'/output. Whenever I try to re-create the bounce in place process of logic, I ran into problems for some reason.

So my question is this : given that I am very open to discovering and trying new ways of doing this, is there any way to simultaneously bounce all midi tracks of a project to separate audio tracks, even if the midi tracks share the same audio outs?

So let's say for example that my project (while composing) consists of 50 midi tracks. When I'm ready to go into mixing mode, I'd like a magic wand to automatically convert everything to audio (while ideally moving all midi tracks into a sub project in case I want to change things later on but that's another story lol) in a single key stroke.

The million dollar question......is that possible or am I dreaming of a DAW that doesn't exist yet?

Massive thanks in advance!
Does this maybe help ?:
http://reaperblog.net/2017/04/freeze_multichannel_vsti/