View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 08:10 AM   #21
Peterk312
Human being with feelings

I wanted to share this too:

There was a Sound on Sound article on these monitors that I know influenced me to buy them. The article is still up https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews...olinear-720dsp

In the article Paul White says:
Quote:
The speakers have a decent degree of bass extension (50Hz-20kHz is the quoted figure ±1.5dB), while remaining tight and well controlled. The mid-range was also open and detailed, while the high end was smooth and open, due in part to the use of soft-dome tweeters. Overall the stereo imaging was very good, and the mix was presented with depth as well as width —something you don't always get in this price range.
He says he was impressed by "depth," but what I heard as "depth" in these monitors was actually due to the out of phase relationship of the sound being thrown to the sides or sounding at times like the sound was behind the monitors. Now that I've gone through extensive testing and more critical listening to determine there's actually an out of phase relationship between the two monitors, I'm not sure if Paul White was hearing the same thing and never realized it may have been a distortion.

Last edited by Peterk312; 07-12-2019 at 09:09 AM.
Peterk312 is offline   Reply With Quote