View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 02:57 PM   #8
superblonde.org
Human being with feelings

If you are referring to my suggested solution then I suggest re-reading the paragraph a few times. Yes, really re-read it. What I suggested is that plugin developers should contribute their plugins to a package repository of plugins which has a code-signed installer.

Three musician developers walk into a bar. The first says, "Gimmie a cigarette, I'mma smoke on the patio first." (Cost per 1 pack: $7, goes through 3 packs a week.) The second says, "Hold up lemme finish my Starbucks before going in." (Cost per latte: $7, goes through 5 lattes a week.) The third says, "It's cool I'll get the first pitcher." (Cost per pitcher: $7, goes through 3 pitchers per week.) The Bartender says: "We don't allow developers in here, they're not willing to pay $33 cover charge each for an entire decade of admittance." All three look at each other and say: "This place should be free! I'm not spending $33 to be here for a decade! I contribute to this place's atmosphere!" The bartender says: "Read the sign, you can earn back more than that if you take tips from the audience." All three look at each other and say: "We're not taking tips! We give away our contributions free and we ain't paying nothin!" The bartender nods to the bouncer who throws them out.

This is why I said it is no longer a technical issue. It is a psychology problem.
superblonde.org is offline   Reply With Quote