View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 08:52 AM   #101
phonog
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevosss View Post
A better version here:

There is a problem with this approach, unfortunately. Because you have to extend the last region, what if there is stuff in that extension that you don't want? The region is trimmed specifically, in other words, perhaps with a fade too. When extending the last region would mess up the contents of the track (because the region was edited to NOT include contents beyond the edit), you can use my macro to freeze with trails:

It's also two part, and does require a step in between... (I wish there was one more action slot for macros!!!!)

Step 1:
Actions:
1. Items: Select all items in selected tracks
2. Time Selection: Set time selection to selected items
3. Move cursor to end of time selection
4. Time Select: Remove time selection
5. Insert empty item
6. Item: Select all items in selected tracks

Step 2:
HAVE TO DO THIS MANUALLY (or set up your own shortcut):
Edit->Glue selected items

Step 3:
Use threads original freeze macro (first post).

---

By adding an empty item at the very end of the last region, you only extend the region with silence, instead of the contents of your region. Also, it is important to glue selected items because Applying track FX on a per item basis can result in blank or erroneous regions if those regions are too small, due to any predelay or reverb FX. Applying "per item" does it just like it sounds; it does not treat the track as a whole so when moving on to the next item, it does not consider whats going on with the item before it.

This freeze method should be fail-safe with the exception of whenever the trail would be longer than the empty item we insert permits, but that is probably going to be pretty rare... it's looking like the empty item is fairly long.

Also, there could be room to adjust the middle step with it's own macro. It would be nice to have something that backs up the original regions, because gluing is destructive. I'll add something later on to accomplish this.
phonog is offline   Reply With Quote