View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 02:39 AM   #1285
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel_Meyer View Post
I think the use is best explained with an example:
Let's take agein the brainworx channel N:
The layout of some of the encoders is reversed.

This is the LPF, and the Threshold of the Compressor.

It makes sense while using the gui but totally no sense with a rotary on a hardware device: With the LPF it is now that the highest frequency (18kHz) is fully counter clockwise and the lowest frequency is fully clockwise. It's counter intuitive to use a LPF like these.

same goes for the compressor threshold: lowest threshold is fully clockwise and highest fully counterclockwise.

Sorry!

Subzones are in the CSI EXP (experimental) builds, forgot to mention that. It will be in CSI 1.1 soon enough but you are welcome to test. The build is in the stash.

Some legwork is required to test the exp build though. You can now only have one zone per file. This is the way it's going to be moving forward in CSI 1.1

If you decide to do that again theres more complete discourse on the other thread but that's it in a nutshell, one zone per file.

Good point on reversing the encoder. I'm guessing that's something for down the road now that there is some refactoring to the main code going on but I dont want to speak for Geoff
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote