Thread: v4: Midi
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #43
strunkdts
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFO View Post
Ok, so at the risk of sounding disappointed...

I've played with v4 MIDI and I am underwhelmed. Perhaps I was living in fantasy land based on all the FRs that I've been supporting. I really thought we would see some major changes and improvements to the MIDI editor. Maybe Cockos just hasn't implemented it yet in the alpha code, I've no clue. I sure do hope so.

MIDI tabs or just being able to select multiple MIDI tracks (ala DP) would have been a very welcome addition. Smoother CC data editing (ala FL) would have been terrific. The list goes on and on.

I guess the audio side has to be the priority, but dang it us MIDI folks need love too! Lol!

Don't get me wrong, MIDI is perfectly functional for me currently. I can get done what I need to do. It just isn't as convenient or fast as with competing products.

What do you guys think? Am I whining? I hope not! Just want to voice that the lack of a significant MIDI editor is missed by at least one MIDI head.

-Kevin
I dont think youre whing in the least.

After all hullabaloo and feature requests during v3 i would have thought that most of these would have been a given. Its the number one gripe and diss from other MIDI users, beat makers, EDM and electronic producers about REAPER. I keep telling my friends how damn good it is but theyre having the last laugh at the moment.

It is still early days, but its not that early? If we were to expect such new features in v4 then surely they would be here now in some rudimentary form?

Im really deflated personally. I dont care what it looks like and the way things stand re editing, routing, tracking etc is fine for me. The only thing dragging ints knuckles is MIDI.

Fingers crossed.
strunkdts is offline   Reply With Quote