View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 05:00 AM   #100
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

OK, I've tried this several ways and this seems like the best compromise - the squashing thing, as discussed:

I mean, it obviously looks wrong and bad. However, I feel it is still informative because hopefully the user will realise its doing its best with minimum width and a huge rate fader, and therefore the user should fix one of those two conditions. I feel that is better than hiding things, which preserves niceness of appearance but leaves the user with no clue as to where their elements have gone.

Dissenting voices please speak up, otherwise I'll put this in; there's a still a lot to do to make it work with centred transport etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
Mixer layout, narrow/strip, with auto width when track rec-armed. There is a visual glitch as soon as you arm a track, see image. When you click another track it goes away, or basically click anywhere else.
Yes, there are all kinds of redraw glitches. I think we need to put up with these for now, because the theme needs to be further along to be a reliable testbed for these things (which are new Reaper functionality) and because Justin is already very busy with efficiency work on base panel redraw stuff, as you will notice in the pres.

If you could be patient and continue to test around such annoyances, I'd much appreciate it. And sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krahosk View Post
Just toggling between the tracks. We can barely distinguish the MIDI CCs from the background. The notes aren't very legible.
Currently at "Source" color mode, the others are quite similar in legibility.
Everything in the Midi editor is just placeholder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
The various settings we can set in the theme adjuster still randomly reset themselves from time to time.

I've tried saving it in every form I know off and nothing works.

It can be fine for quite a few loads of the same project with reaper on and off between and then all of sudden my track names shrink and then I know it's reset.
Quote:
Just to ask again..

Is anyone else finding that the theme settings don't seem to stick for very long (the ones in the script for track name length etc).

Has anyone found a solution to this?

If not. White tie. Can this get brought to Justin's attention as it would be amazing if it reliably kept the settings.

I'm happy if it's just me if someone has a solution though as it's resetting in projects that I set up loads of times so it seems it's a global reset somehow.
While it certainly needs fixing one way or another, it would be useful if you could keep an eye out for why its happening. Please go to your REAPER resource path and take a look at the file 'reaper-themeconfig.ini' - that is where the script stores its values. Do you see anything strange going on with that? If you change values, do they change there? If you then restart Reaper have they changed back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMJP View Post
Is there a simple way to make it so selected items have less of a white haze to them? I don't remember it being that extreme in the previous 6.0 alpha.
I am balancing user brightness preferences for selected state. There have been a lot of requests for more obvious selected state; that is what you are seeing. If you could please post a screenshot that demonstrates why you think I have gone to far, that would really help as the counter-position.

Quote:
not sure why but trying to load the theme adjuster now brings up this error...

"Default_6.0 theme adjuster.lua:190: attempt to concatenate a nil value"

Anything I can do to fix this my end?
No, that's definitely a me thing not a you thing. Please let me know more details, because that's a strange one. Have you been moving any files around? Are you on a portable install? Is your house located on the site of an ancient burial ground?