View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 06:28 PM   #107
DerMetzgermeister
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by yep View Post

In the article, one of the developers says something like: "in any creative effort, there is a point where you're halfway through and you start thinking: why are we even doing this? But you just keep going, and that doubt makes it better. And somehow in the end you create something better than original vision."
One of my personal heroes is Werner Herzog. The scope of his ambition and artistic integrity always amaze me.
Did you see "Fitzcarraldo", or the documentary made about the production of that movie, "Burden of Dreams"?
Every time I'm delayed by some factor outside my control (most times another band member that doesn't take things seriously) I say to myself, "Well, at least I'm not dragging a hundred ton ship over a hill in the Amazon.."
I don't know what else I will have to do to complete this record I'm working on but if that includes making someone work at gun point (as allegedly Herzog did with Kinski in the set of "Aguirre, Der Zorn Gottes"), well... Phil Spector did exactly that a number of times. You got to do what you got to do.
DerMetzgermeister is online now   Reply With Quote