View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 11:43 AM   #2504
jamesd256
Human being with feelings

Thanks Geoff, I see about the VU data. I might see about how to use that on some encoder LEDS.

Everything is working on startup now. Seems the issue was changing stuff via preferences didn't leave CSI able to get the messages through, at least on the BCR.

Things seem ok when Reaper starts with the desired config.

FYI Right now I have this CSI.ini:

MidiInMonitor On
MidiOutMonitor On
VSTMonitor On

Page GreenPage FollowMCP NoSynchPages NoTrackColoring 75 255 166
MidiSurface BCR 1 2 BCR2000.mst BCR2000.axt BCR2000
MidiSurface BCF 0 1 MCU.mst MCU.axt MCU

Is there support for long press now or planned?

What are your thoughts on elegant track folder navigation? Klinke's folder mode is good but not perfect for me. I like that the CSI MCU follows the Mixer view, but showing only tracks in a folder and having a way to drill in and out would also be good (I can see mapping a button to 40080: "Mixer: Toggle show folder tracks in mixer" would be a start)

Edit: I spoke too soon. My test project has a ReaComp and a ReaEQ, and after some messing around for a bit, I found that again, ReaComp wasn't responding to the BCR when focused. But unlike before I had also enabled a ReaEQ, and found that this was still responding. Restarting Reaper doesn't change anything. In fact it's back to yesterday, where whatever I do, including removing the CSI instance, the ReaComp doesn't respond, even though I can see the correct controller data logged. At least now I know it's just ReaComp

Last edited by jamesd256; 02-10-2019 at 12:01 PM.
jamesd256 is offline   Reply With Quote