View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 04:41 AM   #13
PhelixK
Human being with feelings

Default v6.29+dev0618 - June 18 2021

All these new metering options on the master mixer is really great, – definitely going to set Reaper ahead of many others, and not even speaking of the normalization features! – Can't wait to see what scripts and visualized representation of loudness can come out of this.

Some suggestions for UX,
VU Settings window > Mixer top number > Peak (option): for clarity perhaps add: stereo max.

And, I believe more helpful tooltips on the master meter would improve the experience, now ‘tip’ is simply "Meter" all over the place. For instance when hovering L-I, it would be helpful/educational if the tooltip could show Loudness - Integrated (LUFS), and so forth.

I'm well aware the meter is a single UI element, but thinking out loud, perhaps it could be done with sort of a flexible grid(??).

As suggested by others, I would also like to have more types of average dynamics. PSR/ PLR and perhaps RMS Crest factor. If it's no-go on the master, then hopefully it can be added to the jsfx Loudness Meter so also new Reaper users have it available with the default installation.
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote